The Registry is responsible for implementing academic policies, procedures
and systems relating to students. It provides a wide range of service:
- Answering public enquiries;
- Entertaining requests for prospectus and application form;
- Processing admission applications;
- Liasion with admissions offices of local and overseas educational institutions.
and Course Registration
- Coordinating the compilation of teaching timetable;
- Keeping and updating a database of course information;
- Enrolling students in programmes;
- Allocating course choices for Year 1 students;
- Registering students on courses;
- Processing applications for adding and dropping of courses;
- Processing applications for course exemption;
- Processing applications for change of programme;
- Processing applications for taking courses which exceed the normal
- Processing applications for retaking a passed course;
- Administering the issuance of Student ID Cards and their renewal;
- Provision of administrative support in the running of the Intensive
- Keeping and updating a database of applicants, students and graduates;
- Handling applications for deferment of studies;
- Handling applications for withdrawal of studies;
- Handling applications for refund of tuition fees;
- Following up with students who are due to resume studies after
- Following up with students who have been unofficially withdrawn;
- Keeping a full record of students who have been absent from class;
- Provision of various student statistics for management use;
- Issuance of letters certifying students' status;
- Issuance of Academic Reports and Academic Transcripts.
- Promulgation of examination timetables;
- Compilation of invigilation schedules;
- Ensuring security printing of examination papers;
- Coordinating all the logistic arrangements for examinations;
- Keeping a full record of students who have been absent from examinations;
- Processing and promulgation of assessment results;
- Administering appeals against assessment results.
- Providing administrative support in the College Graduation Ceremony;
- Production of award certificates for graduates.
|Academic Planning and Regulations
- Compilation of the College's Academic Calendar;
- Promulgation and continuous updating of the Academic Regulations
and the Assessment Regulations;
- Assisting in academic planning via the provision of secretarial
support to the various Committees.
- Publication of the College's Calendar;
- Provision of statistical information for Annual Review.