The Institute Secretariat was formally established in 1998 in order to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Board of the Governors, the College Council and the President. It is responsible for three major areas of work:
- General Administration;
- Human Resource Management.
The Institute Secretariat comprises 4 members, including the Institute Secretary, two Administrative Officer and one Clerical Staff. The Institute Secretary, who is a member of the Senior Management Group of the College, is the Head of the Institute Secretariat and reports directly to the President. The basic duties of the Administrative Officer is to assist the Institute Secretary in providing services in the above two areas of work under the assistance of the clerical officers.
The Institute Secretariat perceives its future development in
- focusing on Human Resource Management as its major responsibility area;
- exploring more opportunities in terms of staffing resources;
- ensuring professional training and development on the part of its staff and
- streamlining operational procedures to achieve greater efficiency and quality assurance.