Non-local Application

Application for Student Visa

  • If an applicant is accepted by the College, the College will assist applicants to apply for the "Entry Permit" issued by the HKSAR Government for studies in Hong Kong.

  • According to the immigration policies of the HKSAR Government, non-local students must apply a student visa for the study of full-time tertiary programmes in Hong Kong. A local sponsor is required for a student visa or entry permit application. Students who need the College to act as the local sponsor for their student visa or entry permit application should send the completed application form and other relevant documents to the College by post as soon as possible once they have received the letter of admission from the College. It normally takes 6 weeks for the Immigration Department to proceed to the visa application.

  • The following documents shall be submitted for student visa application:
    1. Hong Kong Immigration Department form ID995A - Application for Entry for Study in Hong Kong, with all relevant parts completed and signed by the applicant.
    2. Photocopy of travel document/ identity card
    3. Photocopy of Hong Kong identity card (if any)
    4. If the applicant is under the age of 18, a Letter of Consent to name a guardian in Hong Kong for the applicant should be produced. The Letter of Consent should be completed and signed by both the guardian and the applicant's mother or father.
    5. Photocopy of proof of the applicant's accommodation arrangement [if the applicant is under the age of 18]
    6. Photocopy of proof of the applicant's financial support.

  • For details of the application of Student Visa/Entry Permit, please visit the website of the Immigration Department: